Maiju’s away for the weekend so I’ve spent the weekend fixing stuff around the flat and cleaning. And cooking. I stumbled upon this brownie recipe the other day and had to try it. So I had a crack at it this arvo and I have to say it’s a winner. Peanutty but not overpoweringly so. Easy as pie. Soft and moist. Lovely.
- 150g (5oz) peanut butter, preferably crunchy
- 225g (8oz) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50g (2oz) cocoa powder = about 1 dl
- 75g (3oz) rice flour = about 1 dl
- Preheat oven to 160C (320F). Grease and line the base of a loaf pan (see note above) with baking paper.
- Mix sugar and eggs with the peanut butter. Gently stir through cocoa powder and flour until just mixed through.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 30 – 45 minutes. Or until the top feels just set and a skewer inserted into the middle emerges slightly moist. You want the middle to still be a little squidgy. Cool in the tin.
I must be dyslexic. When looking at the title I almost see “Peanuts and Charlie Brown”