Maiju has been down for a few days with laryngitis so to cheer her up last weekend I made her pancakes.
- 1 egg
- 1C of milk
- ½C sugar (optional)
- about 1C glutenfree flour
In case you needed any inspiration any of these are awesome:
- jam and whipped cream (the cherry jam pictured above is a particular favourite)
- sliced banana and maple syrup
- frozen berries and yoghurt
- sugar and lemon juice
- Beat the egg and sugar (if using) together in a bowl.
- Beat in the milk.
- Beat in a small pinch of salt (half a pinch…).
- Whilst whisking continuously gradually reign in flour until you have a runny batter. The batter should be thick enough to basically run out to about a 5mm thick pancake in you pan.
- Bring a pan up to temperature on a medium high heat.
- Melt a knob of butter in the pan and spoon in a good spoon of batter and tilt the pan to form a pancake shape.
- Flip the pancake when you see bubbles form on the top and cook for a further 30s or so.
- Serve with your topping of choice.