After years of Maiju pining for another dog I finally relented. So as of a week ago we a new family member.
Anyway, whilst I’ve been a bit on the tired and lazy side lately, conversely we’ve had *loads* of visitors. So last Sunday, we had brunch at ours. I love a good brunch eh.
- apricot and ginger scones:Â Candied ginger in scones is excellent, but this still needed a bit more tweaking to work well glutenfree
- Roasted cherry tomatoes
- Roasted potatoes and rosemary
- granola (use that recipe and just bump up the honey and butter content ;) and yoghurt
- and these baked eggs
This is basically half way between scrambled eggs and a cornbread (without the corn). It’s basic, but kinda grows on you. And good in the sense that it scales really easily to feed many people: much easier than say fried or scrambled eggs.
Scales really easily by just doubling or tripling this recipe.
- 6 eggs
- 1C cottage cheese
- 1t baking soda
- 1/4C glutenfree flour
- 1/4C melted butter
- 2C cheese
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a baking dish and put in your oven.
- Remove from the oven when a skewer in the middle comes out clean. How long this takes depends very much on the size and shape of your dish and whether you’ve doubled this at all, but as a rough guide it’d pay to check it after 30 mins or so.