The annoying thing about being Celiac and baking is that it seems to me that most 5 different exotic flours (that are a nightmare to track down in Helsinki). This isn’t like that at all. It’s only has 5 ingredients. No flour at all. And is super easy. It’s also totally awesome tasting and with all the eggs, oil and almond in it, super-moist.
Courtesy of Stone Soup.
- 250g brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or peanut oil
- 3 eggs
- 250g almond meal
- 350g finely grated carrots
The icing is cream cheese, icing sugar and the zest of a lime. And that hint of lime suited this really well I think.
- Heat oven to 180C
- Mix together the sugar and oil.
- Crack in the eggs and mix throughly.
- Stir in almond.
- Grate the carrots in and mix.
- Pour the batter into a cake tin and shake it around a little to level it out.
- Bake for 45mins-1hour (recipe says one hour but the two times I made it it took only about 45mins), or until the top is golden and feels firm to the touch.
- Cool in the tin.
- Be very careful when removing it from the tin as it crumbles quite easily.