Summertime in Finland = lovely fresh berries. Having said that, you can make this equally well with frozen blueberries in the middle of winter.
The pastry here is more like a cheesecake base than a traditional pastry. But to be honest even with the help of gluten I could never really figure out pastry and post-diagnosis all my attempts at a traditional style pastry have ended in disappointment. But this is good. Just not really ‘pastry’ per se. Pastryish enough though.
- 125g melted butter
- 1C almond meal
- 1C buckwheat flour
- 3/4C brown sugar
- 1t psyllium husk powder
- 1/4t salt
- 1l blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3C potato flour (I imagine corn starch could be used as a substitute)
- 1/3C icing sugar
- Mix all the ingredients for the pastry and press into a loose-bottomed pie tin.
- Mix the ingredients for the filling and tip it into the base.
- Put the pie into 180C oven for about 35-40mins or until such time as the blueberries have begun to get jammy and the pastry has taken a little colour.