We had our first child just a week or so ago (awesome!) so in preparation for the steady stream of guests Iâ€™ve been baking a little. These muffins are quick, easy, moist and according to the first round visitors â€œdonâ€™t taste glutenfree at allâ€. In addition they’re not overly sweet (as some muffins can be) and probably reasonably healthy too (no added fat and sweetness only from the fruit and honey).
If you didnâ€™t happen to have apples I imagine that a can of chopped pineapple (drained) would probably also be nice in this. Or if you wanted a bit less healthy, maybe dried pineapple rehydrated in browned butter (which Iâ€™ve seen elsewhere)
- 150g chopped pecans or walnuts
- about 3 or 4 medium sized apples (I had Royal Gala)
- 200ml buckwheat
- 1t psyllium husk powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2t baking powder
- 1t cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- Â½ honey
- 2 mashed, ripe bananas
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Peel, core and dice the apples.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Mix together the wet and the dry mixes, the apple and the nuts to form a wet looking batter.
- Pour into a muffin pan and place in the oven for about 30mins or until a skewer comes out clean
Link to the original recipe