We had our first child just a week or so ago (awesome!) so in preparation for the steady stream of guests I’ve been baking a little. These muffins are quick, easy, moist and according to the first round visitors “don’t taste glutenfree at all”. In addition they’re not overly sweet (as some muffins can be) and probably reasonably healthy too (no added fat and sweetness only from the fruit and honey).
If you didn’t happen to have apples I imagine that a can of chopped pineapple (drained) would probably also be nice in this. Or if you wanted a bit less healthy, maybe dried pineapple rehydrated in browned butter (which I’ve seen elsewhere)
- 150g chopped pecans or walnuts
- about 3 or 4 medium sized apples (I had Royal Gala)
- 200ml buckwheat
- 1t psyllium husk powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2t baking powder
- 1t cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- ½ honey
- 2 mashed, ripe bananas
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Peel, core and dice the apples.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Mix together the wet and the dry mixes, the apple and the nuts to form a wet looking batter.
- Pour into a muffin pan and place in the oven for about 30mins or until a skewer comes out clean
Link to the original recipe